Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
These pumpkin whoopie pies are even more delicious than they look and are the ultimate show stopper at any fall office party or afternoon tea soirée.
Date Lady Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
2 cups canned pumpkin
1 cup coconut oil (melted)
3/4 cup Date Lady Date Coconut Caramel Sauce or Pure Date Syrup
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups rice flour
2 cups Date Lady Date Sugar
3 tsp baking powder
2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp gingerbread spice (a mix of cloves, nutmeg, allspice, ginger, and cinnamon)
8 oz. softened cream cheese
6 Tbsp softened butter
1/2 cup Date Lady Date Sugar
1 tsp vanilla
5 Tbsp Date Lady Date Coconut Caramel Sauce or Pure Date Syrup
1. In large bowl mix wet ingredients.
2. In separate bowl, mix dry ingredients and then add into wet.
3. Bake at 325°F on a parchment lined cookie sheet for approximately 15 minutes, depending on size of cookies and oven. (We recommend a little flattening and shaping as cookies will not change much in form during baking.)
4. Remove from oven. Let cookies cool on sheet.
5. Whip together all filling ingredients, beginning with room temp cream cheese and butter.
6. When cookies are completely cool, spread filling on the underside of one cookie and top with another to form sandwich. These are best the next day! Store in refrigerator.
Follow along @thedatelady on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or Pinterest